Sunday, March 19, 2006

Whats Art Bell up to

What’s Art Bell up too now?

Last week-end on Coast to Coast AM, artie said that he was going to be doing something radical. On the HamFanz List, http://groups.yahoo.com/group/HamFanz, there was some conjecture; everything from an Art Bell program on Satellite Radio to artie selling his Pahrump spread.

Then last night, Saturday, on Coast to Coast AM, artie announced, and I quote, “And don’t think I’ve been abducted, I’ll be missing for a couple of week-ends after this, a change of scenery is coming up.” This in itself is kind of surprising, as after Ramona’s (his wife of 15 yrs.) passing, he couldn’t get back to broadcasting fast enough.

Tonight, Sunday, on Coast to Coast AM, artie announced, “I’ll be gone for a couple of weeks or so. Doing some world tilting myself.”

Can’t help but wonder if this has anything to do with Carl Richardson kb5fjx, of Smithville, Arkansas. A few months ago, Carl kb5fjx, met a Philippine woman, Sharon, on the internet through one of the ‘match’ services.

Without ever having actually met each other, he asked her to marry him, and she accepted. (Carl has posted her picture to http://www.hamcams.com/ occasionally over this time period.) For Carl kb5fjx, and his bride to be, this has been an international law and visa nightmare that included much paperwork and long periods of waiting.

Up until last month, Carl was going to wait out the 8 months or so, for Sharon to get her visa and come here. Suddenly, last month, he decided to go ahead and go to the Philippines and marry here there. They even made reservations for a beach cottage for a honeymoon. Unfortunately, Sharon will have to remain there when Carl returns to Arkansas due to visa requirements.

NOW, here’s how these two items intersect!

Carl kb5fjx, is now on his way to Los Angeles International Airport, then the Philippines via Pahrump!!! Art Bell’s w6obb, favorite place in the whole world (as he’s told many of us over and over), the Philippines!!! Art Bell’s w6obb, favorite women, seem to be Asian.

Is all this just weird coincidence? I think not! I think artie and Carl are off on a 15 hour plane trip to the Philippines together.

Carl kb5fjx, is going to meet and marry Sharon. artie w6obb, is he going to look up old friends, start shopping for a new digs, or a new wife???

17 comments:

Anonymous said...

I TOTALLY agree, I think that's exactly what's going on. Art and Carl, wow what a pair.
Art has a passion for the LBFM's going all the way back to the days he worked over there.
I'm sure he was a regular in the Bar and strip clubs in the P.I. and "Okey". One
sees this "thing" a lot around military guys also, these guys feel very threatened by the
good ole 100% born in the USA types. The want some woman to kiss their ass, cook and clean
and give'em sex-on-demand and not a lot of American women are going to buy into that crap.
Lets face it, neither Carl nor Art have the self-confidence to go after an American girl
and THIS is the best they can do. One would think Art would at least wait till Ramona was cold in the Grave...

Bill Crowell said...

Of course, I have no idea whether Evvy's theory about Art's plans is correct or not. But generally speaking, I just don't understand men who feel they can't be happy unless they hook up with a woman, and will go to such great lengths to do it. It's real simple: if you are not happy being single, you are not going to be happy hooking up with a woman! In fact, you will probably be even more miserable. Such people need to get a life! Then maybe women would find them more attractive and they wouldn't have to obsess about it so much, and go to such great lengths to get laid.

Bill Crowell said...

And while I'm at it, here are some steps men can take to make themselves happy while remaining single:

1. Read lots of serious books (not pap) so you have some actual thoughts in your head.

2. Don't watch T.V. very much.

3. Have an all-engrossing hobby and pursue it seriously.

4. Exercise hard and regularly. Don't drink alcohol; it is a poison.

5. Learn to cook, and cook yourself really good meals with lots of leafy green and yellow vegetables.

6. Fix your house or apartment up nicely, so you are proud of it. If you enjoy your surroundings, you won't be tempted to always go out and spend money needlessly. If you are a typical male and don't know how to fix your place up, get help from an interior decorator.

7. Cultivate a degree of disinterest in women. Then they will come flocking to you. Nothing intrigues a woman more than a man who is happy being single and projects an image of simply not caring whether he hooks up with a woman or not.

liveinthewire said...

> I just don't understand men who feel they can't be happy unless they hook up with a woman, and will go to such great lengths to do it.

And ya know, no one's gonna be able to explain it to you either. :)

Billy, do you really think reading good books, eating vegetables, and thinking pure thoughts is going to replace the male sex drive? If nothing else, it's a definite evolutionary dead end.

liveinthewire said...

> Lets face it, neither Carl nor Art have the self-confidence to go after an American girl.

Unfounded and a cheap shot. How can you know how much confidence anyone else has at moments of potential intimacy? Ya sure can't tell on the radio.

Also, your implication that American "girls" are more desirable and less attainable that other flavors is baldly racist. Are you sure that the less blinkered phillipina-philes aren't the more confident ones?

Bill Crowell said...

"Billy, do you really think reading good books, eating vegetables, and thinking pure thoughts is going to replace the male sex drive?"

Buddy, if you think hooking up with a woman is going to get you sex on a regular basis, you are seriously deluded. Women want a PROVIDER; they don't want sex! They want you to work your butt off and give them all the money you earn. Then they will tell you their 50 reasons why they don't want to have sex. If it's that important to you to get some sex, you're much better off hiring a whore instead. At least then you know you'll get laid after you give her the money.

Bill Crowell said...

My f**k buddy Anna came up with a really funny name for KB5FJX: "Carbohydrate Carl"!

R.F. Burns said...

No good information here. Just speculation.

liveinthewire said...

> Buddy, if you think hooking up with a woman is going to get you sex on a regular basis, you are seriously deluded.

I must be doing it wrong :-)

Seriously, it sounds like you have had some unfortunate relationships with women. Sorry man, I know that hurts.

Women are just like other people. :-) If you treat folks well, they treat you well. If you don't . . . you wind up with a sour attitude like yours.

liveinthewire said...

> No good information here. Just speculation.

Yeah, and? This ain't the NY Times here Mr. Burns.

Anonymous said...

Carbo Carl. That is hilarious. If nothing else, Billy, you keep some of us in stitches...

Bill Crowell said...

"Women are just like other people. :-) If you treat folks well, they treat you well. If you don't . . . you wind up with a sour attitude like yours."

Sorry, pal, but you're going to have to support that canard with more than just your mere opinion.

When a woman hooks up with a guy because he's a "good provider", what exactly IS her incentive to give him any sex? She chose him in the first place because she wanted him to work hard and give her all his money. Please explain what possible reason she has for giving him sex? Out of the goodness of her heart, perhaps? Sorry, I just don't think people operate this way. Please don't blame it on my alleged "bad experiences with women".

A child also loves his or her father because he provides for the child and gives the child security. Does this mean that the child always behaves well, out of the goodness of his/her heart? Of course not. We all know that parents need to mold and discipline their children to make them behave properly. The difference is that a child can't refuse to cooperate with impunity, and can't divorce his father if he/she doesn't like what he/she hears.

You just haven't given me ANY logical reasons supporting your opinions.

evvy said...

Bill wrote:
When a woman hooks up with a guy because he's a "good provider", what exactly IS her incentive to give him any sex?

uhhh...
1) Because he's a good lover?
2) Because sex is fun?
3) Because she loves him?
4) Because he's romantic?
5) Because he always finishes last?
6) Because she enjoys sex as much as he does (see #'s 1, 4 & 5!)
7) Because sex is an integral and mutually enjoyable part of their relationship?
8) Because she admires and likes him?
9) Because they have a good, balanced relationship in ALL other areas.
10) Because she wants children?

Bill Crowell said...

1) Because he's a good lover?
That means he gives her an orgasm. In other words, her orgasm is his responsibility, and if he doesn't give her one, he's a lousy lay. Let's have gender equality as long as everthing is the man's responsibility. But she's not a lousy lay if he doesn't have one. In fact, he always has one because he takes responsibility for his own. If she can't have one, it is probably because she's conditioned herself with excessive masturbation to only be able to have one the way she masturbates. So the guy has to read her mind and give her sex exactly the way she masturbates, or else he's a lousy lay. Daddy syndrome. "Daddy, give me this. Daddy!! Daddy! I want this or I'll throw a tantrum!!

2) Because sex is fun?
Really? Is it fun to have to give a woman a half hour of foreplay before she'll let you inside her? And if you don't give her the foreplay exactly right, she'll get mad, or get turned off? How is the guy supposed to maintain his erection during this time? If you let a woman do this, you are just letting her dominate you. I feel sorry for you.

3) Because she loves him?
See "being a good provider".

4) Because he's romantic?
You mean that he deludes himself into believing she really loves him when really she just wants a provider, and wishes the old goat would leave her alone to IM with her friends on her computer?

5) Because he always finishes last?
Let's see, why is this HIS responsibility? Gender equality, except it's the guy's job to finish last and wait for as long as it takes her to come. Why is it so hard for her to have an orgasm, and why does it take so long? Because she doesn't want to be making love in the first place. She just wants a provider, with no strings attached. What if the guy would prefer to have multiple orgasms instead? Why does he have to wait forever for her to come? Sex is supposed to be a two-way street, isn't it? Again, it's "Daddy, Daddy, I want this or I'll throw a tantrum!!"

6) Because she enjoys sex as much as he does (see #'s 1, 4 & 5!)
I doubt it seriously.

7) Because sex is an integral and mutually enjoyable part of their relationship?
I doubt it seriously.

8) Because she admires and likes him?
See "Being a good provider" again.

9) Because they have a good, balanced relationship in ALL other areas.
Yeah, he does everything she wants and she does nothing to help him. He gives her a fancy car to drive around in all day and lots of credit cards. She refuses to clean the house or to cook meals, and if he asks her to, she calls him a cheap bastard and demands he hire a housekeeper and that they eat out every night.

Get real!!

10) Because she wants children?
Oh, yeah, and when she's done using him as a sperm donor she'll tell him where the door is, but don't let it hit your sorry ass on the way out, but by the way, send those big support checks.

Anonymous said...

Billy, just because you weren't able to keep any of your several wives satisfied, that doesn't mean the problem is women.

Look in the mirror, read what you write, and listen to what you say. The problem is you, little guy.

liveinthewire said...

>> "Women are just like other people. :-) If you treat folks well,
>> they treat you well. If you don't . . . you wind up with a
>> sour attitude like yours."

> Sorry, pal, but you're going to have to support that
> canard with more than just your mere opinion.


I can't really support it as a matter of rhetoric; it's just my own experience.

> When a woman hooks up with a guy because he's a "good provider"

A lot of women look for that, but it's not the whole story; we all know that most women (and men) have complex motivations. Men usually want more than sex, and women want more than a good provider (and will often put up with a bad one).

Most people are not very clear in their own minds about what they really want, but simple trades of sex for money don't seem to sustain a relationship.

liveinthewire said...

> 5) Because he always finishes last?

Always? Duty, consideration, and devotion versus spontaneity, surrender, and abandon; their proportions vary from day to day with changing moods, with whim and the tides, and even randomly. Bless that.

 

Legal fine print:

Copyright © 2003 evvy garrett. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.

Unauthorized reproduction without prior permission is a violation of copyright laws.

The statements or opinions posted in The HamFanz Grudge Report are solely those of the author, who assumes no liabilities for those statements or opinions.

Most comments are published ASAP. This site respects the right of users to express themselves. Comments will not be posted if they contain commercial spam, illegal pornography, threats of violence, or personal harassment directed at myself or another user.

All pages and content of The HamFanz Grudge Report are the intellectual property of the author(s), (Comments are the property of their original posters) and protected by law.